Dear Parents and Students,
A new academic year is beginning, hopefully a fruitful one. Aspiring to establish the unity of home- school relationship, we would like you to read the following regulations thoroughly.
- Students have to abide by proper school uniform at all times.
- No hats or caps are allowed.
- Head scarves should be plain white, blue or grey
- Makeup or jewellery are not allowed for girls (simple plain earrings)
- No long hair is allowed for boys. ( No Fancy Hair Cuts ) girls should tie their
- All students are expected to be clean, tidy and smart. Punctuality is a must .
- Students are to play football wearing dark blue shorts or pants and white T-shirt.
- Students are to keep their school clean at all time (throw litter in bin, no writing on walls or desks or doors). Students are to take care of school property.
- NO MOBILE PHONES or electronic devices (iPods, MP3 ... etc) are allowed in school and all around school campus (Buses Area and in front of all school gates ). If a student needs to call home during the school day or after, it will be through the Sec. Administration or any teacher.
- No foul language is allowed in all school premises and buses.
- No students are allowed to leave lessons to buy anything from canteen (only during break times).
- Chewing gum is not allowed in school.
- No running on stairs or in school corridors.
- Violence is not accepted under any circumstances in school premises and on buses.
- No Students will be allowed to enter the school premises without their books or tools ( pens ,sheets, booklets.... etc) and they should use school bags.
- In case of dismissal from any class the student will be registered as absent the whole day.
- Office hour's starts from 1:15 till 2:30, students are not allowed to stay inside the school premises or outside the school gates after the school hours for any reason.
- Students will have weekly quizzes and monthly exams according to an announced schedule.
- Students are not allowed to go to students’ affairs, accountant office, doctor or any other ELS buildings without written permission from Sec administration.
- Students are expected to respect each other and respect staff administrators at all times
- Students are to arrive to school and leave school in their proper school uniform or senior T-shirt and blue jeans Trousers ( Sweet pants, and black trousers are totally forbidden ) .
- Gate & Buses rules:
- Gate students are to be in school at 7:30 till maximum 7:40 a.m. and use Sec gate. Gates will be closed 7:40 a.m. NO students will be allowed to enter school after 07:40 as the first period starts on 7: 45 am , parents should come to pick up students back home.
- Buses will pick up students in the morning according to the assigned bus slip, buses will wait for 2 minutes in the morning and any delay won't be tolerated. Besides, matrons aren’t allowed to ring you up before they come (Its totally forbidden).
- Changing between buses is totally forbidden.
- Bus students who want to use the gate should take a form from the secondary Administration a day before the required date, or to be printed from ELS website , Then it should be signed and brought back.
Bus services will end with regular school days for 1st and 2nd sec. ( by the first of May ) then starting from beginning of 1st & 2nd Sec. exams there will be bus stops which will continue till the end of 3rd Prep. Exams.
- خدمة الباصات تنتهي مع بداية امتحانات الصف الأول و الثاني الثانوي و مع بداية هذه الامتحانات تكون هناك اماكن تجمع للباصات stops حتى الانتهاء من امتحانات الصف الثالث الاعدادي.
- Gate students are not allowed to use the school buses during exams.
Failure to abide by these rules will lead to:
- Out of uniform students will not be allowed to attend lessons and will be sent home. Insistence on not following uniform regulations lead to suspension.
- Girls wearing make-up and boys with long hair will not be allowed to attend lessons and will be sent home. Recurrence of such behaviour will result in suspension.
- Any damage to school property will result in paying for the damage and not being allowed to attend classes before that.
- If mobiles and electronic devices are seen, they will be confiscated. (mobile is confiscated with SIM card) . One of the student’s parents can only receive the device from the school administration, and that’s after 2 weeks.
- Any use of foul language or fighting under any circumstances will result in suspension Duration which will be determined according to severity of action.( even during exams )
- Any student found in any area in the school where he/she is not allowed to be present will be suspended.
- According to the Ministry of education the student should attend 85% from the school days otherwise he will be منازل
- More than 15 days absence the school has the right to:
- prevent the student from attending the school graduation ceremony.
- The school will not be responsible for the student during the exams and he will not use the school buses.
- He / she won’t be able to receive the final certificate شهادة حسن السير و السلوك at the end of the year.
- we are looking forward to your cooperation to bring up a respectable member in the society.
- Concerning absence excuses , parents are kindly requested to Contact the secondary administration ( Mr. Sameh ) before visiting the school in order to set an appointment .
If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Egyptian Language School